Friday, September 30, 2011
And...have you seen this? 31 days of posts throughout the month of October on a variety of topics.
I think I'm in...this is a late in the game decision, so we'll see how it goes. Check back tomorrow for post number 1!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
That's why I was so excited when I was contacted by My Memories to do a review of their digital scrapbooking software. I was really thrilled when I discovered I get to give away a copy of this software to one of you!
I've been exploring the software for the past week and a half and I know I've only scratched the surface of what can be done with My Memories, but here are a few of my favorite things so far.
- The software is very simple to use. It comes with a number of preloaded templates, papers, and embellishments and you can use these to put albums together right away. You can use their templates or create your own page from scratch.
- There are lots of great free and inexpensive page kits and paper kits at their web store.
- You can find kits to fit practically any event, activity, or theme. I especially love this A Bushel and a Peck pack.
- The software makes it easy to create a wide variety of items other than scrapbook pages. I made an invitation and some Christmas word art to print out (see below). I am thinking it will work well for photo cards for Christmas. There are also customizable calendar templates to create. Some of the embellishments would even make cute cupcake toppers!
- Lots of additional ideas can be found at the My Memories blog and Facebook page. It's fun to see what others are creating with the software.
OK. Let me show you a couple of things I made and get to the giveaway!
This is a super simple invitation made using the Pretty Ballerina pack. I am thinking these could be printed as 4x6 photos and mailed out for a cute and frugal birthday party invite.
This is some printable word art for Christmas made with Away in a Manger Word Art and Christmas Snow paper.
I hope you are all as excited as I am about this great software and are ready for the giveaway details. This giveaway will remain open until next Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. EST. I will announce a winner here on the blog by Friday, October 7. Please make sure I have a way to contact you if you win!
- Visit My Memories and take a look at the great selection of items. Come back and leave me a comment with your favorite digital paper, template, or pack.
- If you would like extra entries, you can visit the My Memories Blog, Facebook page, or Twitter account and follow and/or like any of the three. Please leave a separate comment for each thing you do.
Have fun and spread the word!
**I was given a copy of the My Memories software to review and the code above is my referral code. All opinions in this review are my own.
OK, so I am definitely late on this one! I decided to try writing these sewing lists to keep me working on the many, many projects in my head, but I am not sure if they are working. I definitely got some things done, but not all of them are on the list...sometimes I work on things when inspiration strikes and I skip other things in favor of that project. Also, I finish some of the things mom makes for the shop (adding Velcro, etc.) so that doesn't always make it on the list.
- Finished a zippy pouch and cut one more.
- Made 2 mug rugs - they were intended for the shop, but I wasn't thrilled with how the finished project looked when I closed it, so my daughter and I now have matching mug rugs. :)
- Finished 2 coffee cozies - coming soon to the shop!
- Cut a big stack of novelty fabrics into rectangles. I am thinking about making coasters, placemats, or table toppers for the shop from them.
If you are keeping track, that is 3 out of 6 from last week. So, that leaves 3 larger projects (for me) on the list, plus now I have more ideas! I think I will call this my idea list for this week and see what I get accomplished. Here we go!
1. Start sewing corduroy dress.
2. Finish zippy pouch.
3. Baby blanket for cousin (minky and flannel)
4. Cut pillowcases.
5. Patchwork project with novelty rectangles.
6. Mug rug for shop.
7. Napkins for shop.
Well, this list is one bigger than last week...but it's good to have goals. :)
What are you working on this week? How do you prioritize your ideas and decide what to work on?
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
I posted some sewing goals last week, and while I didn't finish the list, I did get 3 out of 4 done - plus the apple skirt pictured above which was not on the list. :)
So, I made a zippy pouch, cut the corduroy dress, and selected pillowcase fabrics. This week, I have a list of 6 items. I am sure I will not complete all 6 things, but it helps me to stay focused and try to complete some things each week. So, here we go!
1. Zippy pouch (I cut 2 when I made one this week.)
2. Start sewing corduroy dress.
3. Start cutting pillowcases.
4. Finish coffee cozy.
5. Blanket for cousin's baby.
6. Mug rug
What are you crafting, baking, sewing, or decorating this week?
Be sure to check back later this week - I have a fun giveaway coming up!
I'm linking up to Made By You Monday at Skip to my Lou!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
I pulled down the framed art I have right now and hopped onto Pinterest to hunt for some new fall printables. I found so many cute things! If you are looking for some cute printables, here are some I discovered.
Fall is Here
Fall Subway Art
Fall Bucket List
Give Thanks and Fall Subway
Fall with Blessings
Phew! Quite a list! We also have mums now, too! How are you decorating for fall? Any great projects I should try? Happy Saturday!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
1. Start a corduroy peasant dress for my daughter.
2. Make a zippy pouch for the shop.
3. Make a mug rug for the shop.
4. Choose band and accent fabrics for pillowcases for a Christmas present.
What are you sewing or crafting this week? Have you started making any Christmas gifts?
Friday, September 9, 2011
I'm transferring photos from our camera to the computer, so here are a few photos from around here...
Fabric in embroidery hoops
First day of homeschool
Stacks of scrap bundles
What have you been up to lately? Is the change is seasons making you work on any new projects? Any big plans for the weekend?
Sunday, September 4, 2011
the musings of a craftaholic: Free Fabric Sunday 9/4