August Clothing Budget

Before I start on my August budget, I have a few updates to the July budget! The ThredUp dress I bought last month didn't work out at all, so I sold that on Ebay. I tried to purchase another shirt from eShakti, and that didn't fit, so I am selling that on Ebay, too! If you're keeping track from the July roundup, that makes a total of 5 misses and returns. I think I am planning to stick to Kohl's and Target for my future dress shopping - at least those stores are local so I can return things easily. I also bought this tote from Target for 70% off (no longer available), so that took the place of the floral dress in my July budget. I ended up at around $52.00 for July.

This month, I found some nice items at Goodwill, including a dark olive jacket with some military-inspired details.

I have discovered that proportionate to my budget, I spend too much on scarves and jewelry - they're so pretty and they're only $5!! - and I need to focus more on filling actual gaps in my wardrobe first. I do love scarves though, and found 2 super pretty ones that have already been worn more than once.


August Budget


Here's the breakdown on what I got!
  • Merona Tank and Tee from Target - $8.18 - I needed a white tank and a few solid tees, so I bought these when the clearance was an extra 25% off recently.
  • Christopher and Banks Olive Jacket via Goodwill - $5.64
  • Navy Lands' End Pintucked Shift Dress and Jade Green Worthington Cardigan via Goodwill - $5.42 - Worn here
  • Green and White Print Dress from Kohl's - $4.53 - When I saw this dress in my size for $5, I couldn't pass it up. I even had a 15% off coupon!
  • 3 Stone Bubble Necklace from Caroline G Shop in Purple - $6.96 - I have been looking for a purple necklace, so hopefully this will get a lot of wear.
  • Scarf and Necklace Set from Charming Charlie - $9.00 (Plus my husband purchased a necklace set for me as a gift)
  • Orange, Pink, and Grey Striped Scarf from Meijer - $3.20 - I was excited to find this marked down while grocery shopping. Love the colors!
Total Spent: $42.94

I'm hoping to get some time to shop this weekend, so I might need to write another post if I find anything. I still have $7 left for this month and I have a bit extra (around $10) from selling the Shabby Apple dress that didn't fit, so I might still be able to cross something off my list yet this month. :)

For September, I need try and focus on picking up some of the items that I actually need - not scarves and jewelry. :) I think I need to buy from my list at the beginning of the month, and if I have any money left, I can pick up some "fun" stuff toward the end of the month.

I'm linking up with Budgeting Bloggers at Franish!

Comments

Sweetened Style said…
Great finds, that little blazer is adorable!