31 Days of 31 Minutes - Day 21: Party Planning



Happy Friday! I thought today I'd share a few of the ideas I'm hoping to use for my daughter's 4th birthday party in a couple of weeks. We bought some cute paper products from the Dollar Tree with cupcakes on them, so I was going to do a cupcake theme. Since I am a children's librarian, I got to thinking about books and decided to make the theme If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. Basically, this just lets me look for cat and cupcake ideas. :)

I found some cute cupcake ideas and have been keeping track of them on my Pinterest board. I especially love this build your own cupcake printable freebie and the cute C is for cupcake ideas here. I found some plain white cardstock cats at Pat Catan's for $1 per pack of 4. I think we'll decorate those - not sure how, any suggestions? We could do paint, dot markers, tissue paper collage, crayons...I also think we will make some of the build your own cupcakes using the printables. We may laminate these and make them into placemats.

Other than that, I think we'll have a few simple games like hot potato except with a kitchen utensil of some sort and I bought some large colorful cupcakes to use to play memory. We may also "feed" a cat some cupcakes and I got this Melissa and Doug cupcake set to play with.

The menu will be simple - snacks and cake, plus drinks. I have a few ideas here, but if anyone has any simple snack foods that little kids would like, let me know.

I have a few more things to share, but will sign off for now. Hope you have a great weekend!

Comments