On My Bookshelf

Here's a quick peek at what I'm reading this week!

The Centurion's Wife (Acts of Faith, Book 1) By Davis Bunn and Janette Oke

I have read a number of books by this pair of authors and have enjoyed them all immensely. This book is intriguing and thought provoking. It is historical fiction, but set immediately after the crucifixion of Jesus. Some of the characters in the book include Pilate, Herod, and Caiaphas. It is so interesting and has made me ask lots of questions about the Biblical account of these events.

Simple Steps By Karen Miller

In my continuing quest for activities to work on with my daughter, I checked this book out from the library. So many books are really geared for older toddlers and preschoolers. This one has a wide variety of activities that are developmentally appropriate for younger children. It is organized in chapters by the type of learning the activity promotes. (Fine Motor, Cognitive, Sensory, Early Literacy etc.) I am looking forward to trying some of these activities with my daughter and will have to post about the ones that we try!

Baby Fingers: I'm Feeling . . .: Teaching Your Baby to Sign

I haven't taught my little one too many signs, but "more" was one that I used with her early on, and then when she didn't seem to pick it up, I didn't continue with it. Imagine my surprise when last week, she started signing and trying to say more! All of a sudden, she is picking up other signs, too! ("Book" and "eat"!) I got this book to show her and to teach myself a few more signs.

Have any of you done any signing with your baby? What is on your bookshelf this week?

Comments