Book Review: Reading People

Image result for reading people book anne bogel



Today, I'm thrilled to share a review of the book Reading People by Anne Bogel. I've read Anne's blog Modern Mrs. Darcy for years. She shares lots of posts about books - perfect for a librarian like me - as well as articles about fashion/style, bullet journals (she got me started on mine with her posts!), organization, and pretty (and practical) things for the home. Combined with some lovely photos, hers is a blog I always look forward to reading. Her posts about highly sensitive people were revolutionary for me, as I had never heard the term before and realized I was one, and my daughter was too! This knowledge explained a lot about different things that had overwhelmed me during my life and also helped me to understand my daughter's personality better.

Reading People includes a chapter on highly sensitive people, as well as several other personality frameworks including Myers-Briggs, Enneagram, the Five Love Languages, and more. Some of these I've heard of and explored before, but many are new to me. Each framework is explained clearly and the real life examples related to each chapter are very valuable. This book is a great way to dive into personality and then use that knowledge about yourself and others to improve your relationships with family and friends, productivity at work, and other areas of your life.

It's launch day for Reading People! The book is available on Amazon right now and in local bookstores as well.

I received a copy of this book as a part of the launch team; all opinions are my own.




Comments

Mrs. Chrissy T said…
Wow. Sounds like a wonderful book to look into. Thanks for sharing.