Book Review: Gathering the Threads by Cindy Woodsmall

When I was given the opportunity to be a part of the launch team for Cindy Woodsmall's newest book, Gathering the Threads, I jumped at the chance. My mom and I have both been waiting for this book which is the third in the Amish of Summer Grove trilogy. The first two books tell the story of Ariana, a young Amish woman who for twenty years was raised Amish, only to discover her biological parents were actually English instead of Amish. Book three picks up after Ariana has been out in the world for three months with her English family.

I read this book in three days. It was a great read. Very interesting and intricate as well as suspenseful at times. Nothing about the situation is easy. Ariana comes back from her time in the English world changed and the book deals with the aftermath of that. She and her family must adjust to a "new normal" as they navigate their places in each other's lives. Another factor in Ariana's life is her lifelong friend Quill, an Amish man who left to go the English world for truly noble and selfless reasons. Ariana and all the characters in the novel are faced with many decisions. I was thrilled with the conclusion of the book. I don't want to give anything away, but the book really did "gather the threads" of the multitude of story lines developed over the course of the trilogy and brought each one to a satisfying end. If you've not read the previous two novels in the series, definitely start at the beginning. Then, look for Gathering the Threads when it is released on August 15, 2017!

I received an advanced copy of this book from WaterBrook in exchange for this review; all opinions are my own.

Comments