Book Review: When Love Returns by Kim Vogel Sawyer


When Love Returns by Kim Vogel Sawyer is book 3 in the Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy. This book is the conclusion of the trilogy and brings closure to a difficult situation in Suzanne Zimmerman's past when she was sent away from her Mennonite community as a pregnant teenager twenty years earlier. Some in the community now know the truth about the baby she gave up for adoption, but many still do not know. In addition, Suzanne's adopted daughter Alexa has questions about her biological family. Both Suzanne and Alexa embark on journeys throughout the book, some literal and some figurative, as they seek to find restoration and redemption for the past.

I thought this book was a great conclusion to the series. I felt it was realistic and well thought out. There is a good happy ending to the story, but I thought the book tackled some of the tough emotions that come with difficult life situations. I enjoyed the characters in the story and thought this was a great realistic fiction novel. It would be helpful to have read the other books in the series, but the reader could comprehend the overall storyline without reading the first two books. I'd recommend this book to readers of Christian realistic fiction.

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this review; all opinions are my own.

Comments