- I think the outer cover of this Bible is really pretty - aqua with a sort of chalkboard look to the font on it. Unfortunately, this is a dust jacket and it's hard to keep it on the Bible. The Bible itself is just a hard cover and the cover is a really plain dark brown with an aqua "Holy Bible" printed on the cover. My preference is a leather cover or to have the pretty aqua outside to be printed on the cover.
- This Bible is quite large/thick. My old Bible is a little smaller and less weighty, so it's easier to carry around with me. I also have a nice Bible cover for my older one.
Things I love:
- The translation - I have had a New King James Bible for years and wanted to try a new translation. I really like the NIV. I find it much easier to read and understand.
- I like the size, color, and clarity of the text in the Bible.
- There are devotions included from a variety of women (many are popular authors and bloggers) and these are great practical applications of various verses, situations, and texts.
- The Bible contains different "myths" that women believe and applies Biblical truths to dispel these myths.
Overall, I think this is a great option for a modern Bible in a nice translation. I received a copy of this Bible from Book Look Bloggers in exchange for this review; all opinions are my own.