Book Review: Love Everlasting by Tracie Peterson

Love Everlasting by Tracie Peterson is the third book in the Brides of Seattle series. I've read a number of Tracie Peterson books over the years and completed the first two books in the Brides of Seattle series as well. Love Everlasting is the conclusion of the series, so it is helpful to have read the first two books prior to reading this one. Aubrianna Cunningham and Wade Ackerman are finally considering beginning their courtship. Aubrianna is having some concerns about the relationship and how it will impact her long term friendship with Wade. In the meantime, Priam Welby, a recurring character (with a less-than-stellar reputation) from the other books in the series, makes it clear that he still has designs on Aubrianna. The ramifications of his interest end up being far-reaching and unexpected.

Where to start on my review of this book? First of all, I don't think the synopsis on the back of the book gave an accurate glimpse into the plot of the book. I don't want to give anything away if you were to choose to read this book, but suffice it to say that the "love triangle" between Wade, Adrianna, and Priam implied by the book's summary is not really a true love triangle. I kept reading the book and checking the summary and feeling confused. Second, the plot in the second half of the book is quite unexpected and very different from how the book begins. I also was not a huge fan of Aubrianna's character. I didn't feel that her behavior and decisions were consistent with how her character was depicted in the past books in the series. I'm typically a pretty fast reader and this book was difficult for me to get through. Unfortunately, it just wasn't one of my favorite Tracie Peterson books. I would recommend her recent Lone Star Brides trilogy over this one.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for this review; all opinions are my own.

Comments