Late Summer and Early Fall Transitional Capsule Wardrobe

Late summer to fall and early winter to spring are the two most difficult wardrobe transitions for me. These are the times of year that I'm most likely to have trouble putting outfits together. Inspired by Carrie at A Lovely Little Wardrobe and Alex at Undergraduate Style, I decided to create a short-term transitional capsule wardrobe to help. In general, I've embraced capsule wardrobes as a way of life, but I am fairly flexible about how I use them. If I need something for warmer or cooler weather, I go ahead and pull the items I need from another part of my wardrobe. I sometimes tweak my capsules on a monthly basis as well.

The capsule above will be for the month of September, perhaps into October depending on how it works and how the weather goes. I have 29 pieces pictured here and will be adding this top from Elegantees (use code CARLY to save 10% on your order) when it arrives. I may add a few other items as needed as well, but the goal would be to stay around 35 pieces.

Here's what I've included:
Tops -

  • Purple long sleeve button up*
  • Sleeveless purple floral tie neck blouse*
  • Black and white stripe 3/4 sleeve tee
  • Blue gingham button up*
  • Dark green cap sleeve blouse
  • Light orange stripe tee*
  • Leopard shell
  • Bright green sleeveless shell*
  • Coral lace accent tee
  • Chambray long sleeve button up
  • Gray tee
Pants and Shorts -
  • Boyfriend jeans*
  • Khakis
  • Dark wash skinny jeans
  • Mustard skinnies*
  • Nutmeg polka dot shorts*
  • Olive green skinnies*
  • Black ankle pants
  • Sage green wide leg pants*
Skirts -
  • Teal knit skirt*
  • Dark denim pencil skirt*
  • Floral print skirt*
Dresses -
  • Black dress
  • Black, gray, and white animal print dress*
Completer Pieces -
  • Olive denim jacket*
  • Rust cardigan*
  • Plum cardigan
  • Light olive vest*
  • Tan cardigan
The * indicates that the item was purchased secondhand - via Goodwill, Plato's Closet, Ebay, Twice, ThredUp (get $20 off your first order if you sign up through my link - I'll also get $20 credit), Schoola (get $15 off your first order if you sign up through my link - I'll also get a $15 credit), garage sales etc. Since I like numbers, I'll mention that 17 out of the 29 pieces or a little over half of the items are secondhand. For the rest, there are a lot of Target pieces in there. :)

I'll be sharing some of my daily outfits using this capsule over on Instagram!

Comments

Carrie said…
Some really great capsule pieces. Love the colors and patterns you have chosen. Looking forward to seeing your looks. Thanks so much for linking up!