Book Review: Ties That Bind


When I finished reading the book Ties That Bind by Cindy Woodsmall, my immediate reaction was to try and find out when the next book in the series will be published. :) I've read a number of Cindy Woodsmall's books in the past and always enjoyed them. This book was no exception. Ariana is one of several children in her family, which includes her twin brother Abram. She dreams of opening a cafe to help with her family's expenses and she's getting close to having enough money for a down payment on the building. She's surprised when her former friend Quill arrives back in town, 5 years after leaving the Amish with her friend Frieda. Quill's motives are genuine however, in spite of what Ariana thinks. However, Quill quickly finds himself drawn into a situation where he learns of shocking news that will change Ariana's life forever.

Cindy Woodsmall's writing style is both intricate and emotionally intense. I found this book to be very similar in tone to her Amish Vines and Orchards series. There is a depth and richness to her characters and their interactions. I also feel like the book deals with real issues that are a part of families and the ending is definitely not a clean and tidy one. I would highly recommend this book to those that enjoy both realistic Christian fiction and Amish fiction. I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this review; all opinions are my own.

Comments