January Clothing Budget

I haven't blogged all month! I started a couple posts, but never finished them. I have been posting outfits on Instagram and participating in style challenges there, which has been fun and more convenient lately. I'm hoping to continue posting on here at least for monthly budget posts and book reviews. I am also thinking of participating in the Shop Your Closet remix at Greater Than Rubies in February, but it remains to be seen whether I'll actually take photos of and blog about my outfits here. :)


I had a good month thrifting and shopping the sales and bought quite a few items in general. Here's what I got:

  • Quilted look black satchel - Meijer: $6.41
  • Black polka dot fleece gloves - Meijer: $6.72
  • Cozy one button boots - American Eagle: $16.01
  • Chaps gray and cream checked flannel - Goodwill: $4.58
  • Loft gray and navy tipped cardigan - Goodwill: $1.41
  • Sonoma mint cable sweater - Goodwill: $2.82
  • Charter Club pink and white gingham buton up - Goodwill: $2.30
  • Eddie Bauer long sleeve tee - Goodwill: $2.30 (not pictured)
  • Leopard tennis shoes - Target: $6.06
  • Chambray button up - Meijer: $4.80 (not pictured)
  • Ponte blazer - Sears: $7.46
Total: $60.87 - $20.00 in remaining Christmas gift money = $40.87 total

I was thrilled with my finds. Several, like the gingham shirt, checked flannel, and chambray, have been on my list for quite awhile. Unfortunately, I had to return the olive quilted vest from Sears yesterday - it completely fell apart. :( That was birthday money spent in December, so I will have that $16.00 to spend again.

I'm linking up to Budgeting Bloggers at Franish!




Comments