Outfit 9: Lime Green Tee + Boyfriend Jeans + Sandals + Long Gold Necklace (Avon)
Outfit 10: Black Tee + Tan Pants + Scarf (Gift, new with tags at garage sale) + Sandals
Outfit 11: Gray Tee + White Crops + Mint Cardigan + Metallic Sandals + Necklace and Earrings (Avon)
I managed to get my hair in a bun!
I tried to get a pic of some of the outfit details. I am not great with those kinds of shots. :) I just got this necklace and the matching earrings and I love it. I've been wearing it a lot as you will see below.
Outfit 12: Navy Striped Top (1st wildcard addition) + Denim Shorts + Necklace + Boat Shoes (Target from last year)
Outfit 13: Chambray + Black Shorts + Leopard Scarf + Sandals + Gold Hoops
Outfit 14: Gray Maxi + Denim Vest + Cognac Wedges + Necklace and Earrings Set
Outfit 15: Boyfriend Jeans + Blue Tee + Sandals + Scarf (Thrifted)
Outfit 16: Floral Skirt + Black Tee + Metallic Sandals + the same jewelry :) :)
Halfway point plus remix thoughts:
As I am writing this, I am wearing outfit #20 using my remix pieces, so I am 2/3 of the way there. I can tell I will need to be a bit more creative for the last few looks, but overall I've been really pleased with my pieces. A couple observations/comments about the challenge so far -
- It's not been super hot here, so I've had opportunities to wear a lot of my scarves as well as my cardigan. This next week looks cooler, too.
- I like mixing/matching blue, gray, tan, and black. These are my favorite neutrals!
- It's been a lot easier to get dressed with fewer pieces. The night before, I usually take a look at the weather, think about my day (whether I work, have church, meetings, day off, etc), and then refer to my list of ideas and see what outfits are left. Overall, I haven't had a major "getting dressed crisis" in awhile.
- I haven't felt inclined to wander around and shop quite as much. I got the necklace set above, and I have been looking for pants and riding boots for fall. Hoping to get a good sale price on boots before the fall collections come out! Any suggestions about where to shop?
- I've been wearing shorts and feeling pretty comfortable in them. It's been quite awhile since I've worn shorts consistently.
- I don't have a lot of versatile prints in my wardrobe.
- I've been pretty much wearing the same two pairs of sandals all summer.
That's all for now! If you are participating, how is your remix going?
I'm linking up:
Greater Than Rubies
Sunday Best at The Modern Austen
I Feel Pretty at Get Your Pretty On