What I Wore: Summer Style

It's been beautiful here lately. Not too hot, but sunny and pleasant. We've been getting outside and enjoying garage sales, the farmer's market, and more. I have a couple of simple summer outfits to share today.


I took Caitlin's advice over at Greater Than Rubies, and went hunting for some celebrity style inspiration. This easy look is based on this pin showing Katherine Heigl wearing a similar combo. I switched out the flats for some metallic sandals and added a mixed metal bracelet. These jeans are my favorite right now - boyfriend jeans from Apt. 9 thrifted for under $3. The sandals are new from Payless (looks like sold out online, but might be available in stores) and are super comfy.


Alison at Get Your Pretty On recommended a fedora for easy summer style. I have never been a hat person, but I decided to give one a try. I purchased mine from JCPenney. It was on sale, plus I had a $10 off $10 coupon, so it cost me around $3.50. I have been wearing it so much, plus I really like that my forehead is shaded from the sun.

 
I thrifted these white LOFT pants recently, and I can't get over how much I am wearing them, too! Today I added a lightweight, pastel Mossimo plaid top that I also got from Goodwill, as well as the same bracelet and sandals.
 
I have been looking for a few more summer pieces, and maybe you can help me. What are your favorite tee shirts and tanks? I would love them to have a modest, crew neckline and hold up to being washed and worn. Also, I am trying to decide on a couple of summer trends, so tell me what you think - yay or nay - on the following:
  • Soft pants (palazzo pants?)
  • Denim vest (I've been looking for a denim jacket at Goodwill to repurpose, but no luck, yet.)
  • Print shorts (I wonder if print pants would be better for me.)
I'm linking up!
 

Comments

Becky Goerend said…
Great celebrity inspiration! I'm saying nay on palazzo pants, but it's just for me that they look like printed yoga pants...

Printed shorts could be fun or some printed crops?

I love how you pulled off the fedora. I'm still looking for one that looks good on me.

Aren't you adorable!? You look so comfortable, but SO put-together. I particularly love the first outfit. It's the best summer look because it's effortless and flattering. Awesome thrifting find with the white pants, too. I recently bought white crops from LOFT for the first time ever (I always shied away from wearing white pants) and I love them!
Amy G said…

That hat looks great on you! Personally, I think a lot of those palazzo pants look like pjs, but some people can make them work ok. I wouldn't mind trying some printed shorts myself.
Anonymous said…
I love your celebrity inspired look! You're right, those are exactly the same sandals. :)