Link Round Up: Week 2

Happy Saturday! We're three days into summer vacation now and getting settled in. Next week we start this summer's activities (dance, piano, library), so this week we have been hanging out and doing a few fun things like strawberry picking and visiting our local amusement park. We've also been getting some rooms painted and putting them back together.

I wanted to give a quick update on my dad since I know some of you have been praying for him. A quick summary: my dad had laryngitis starting right around Christmas that he couldn't get rid of. After visiting a local ENT, who realized he had a paralyzed vocal cord, he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. He had surgery in late-January and had radioactive iodine treatment in late March. The surgeon wasn't able to get all the cancer during the surgery and it is a more rare type of papillary thyroid cancer called tall cell variant. He's been going for follow up appointments post-treatment and last week, his oncologist told us that the treatment is working! His numbers look good and everyone is pleased with how the cancer is responding. So thank you, thank you for prayers and if you are inclined, keep them coming! If you have anything you'd like me to pray for you about, please leave a comment or send me a message and I will be happy to do so.

On to this week's links!

  • Free Style: Borrowing from the Stars - Such a fun article with tips on how to use celebrity style to inspire our own wardrobes. Oh, and if you sign up for the Greater Than Rubies email list, Caitlin is sharing a guide on finding 5 new outfits in your closet. I just got my copy and can't wait to take a look and get some inspiration!
  • The Thing About Anxiety - Very interesting perspective and ideas for those of us who struggle with anxiety.
  • Faith on Friday #2: Confession Time - Love this! This year, I've been taking a much more relaxed approach to blogging. I really enjoy interacting with various people I've "met" through blogging and paring down the number of blogs I read has really helped me to be able to be intentional with this.
  • Princess Anna Dress Up Apron - My daughter still loves Frozen and she wants to be Elsa for Halloween. We will see if I make or buy something along those lines, but this dress-up apron is super cute. The Elsa one is coming soon!
Any favorite links from this week you'd like to share? How is your summer going so far?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments