June Purchases and Budget

June Purchases and Budget

 
Time for my June budget round up. It was a good month for thrifting!
 
Here's what I kept:
  • Fedora: JCPenney - $3.43 after coupon
  • Mint H&M Cardigan: Goodwill - $5.15
  • Gray Short Sleeve Maxi Dress: Target - $15.26
  • Apt. 9 Brooklyn Hobo: Goodwill - $3.53
  • Pastel Plaid Mossimo Button Down: Goodwill - $2.50
  • Blue Heathered Sonoma Tee: Kohl's - $2.56 after coupon
  • Pewter Metallic Sandals: Payless - $12.76
  • LOFT Modern Straight Jeans: Goodwill - $5.40
Total Spent: $50.59
 
I'm really pleased with everything I bought and have been wearing it quite a bit! You will see most of these items in my 20x30 remix coming up. I placed a couple of Kohl's orders last weekend (30% off + free shipping + great clearance prices!) and they just arrived today, so I am going to take some time to try things on and decide what to keep and put those items on my July budget recap. I bought some things ahead for fall - sweaters were marked down to $5, plus the 30% off code and I got a couple FILA running tees for $4 plus the 30% off code, so I'm hoping some of the pieces work for me.
 
I have been looking for a new work bag. It wouldn't count toward my regular budget, so I am looking a bit higher than I normally would. I am a children's librarian, so I constantly have bags filled with all sorts of random things - books, puppets, snacks, craft materials, etc. I would love to find something sturdy enough and large enough that it can hold most of my stuff and I would love it to be somewhat stylish, so I don't look like a misfit carrying 2-3 different bags full of stuff when I head out to do a program. I returned a couple bags to Target that just didn't work for me and I am looking at a few others. It is so hard to buy online because the measurements aren't always quite right. If you have a moment, give me your opinion on the bags pictured below and if you have a recommendation for a fabulous work bag, please leave it for me in the comments!
Work Bags

 
 I'm linking up to Budgeting Bloggers at Franish!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So many great, casual pieces (at amazing prices!) - love that dress! :)

Brittney
quirkybritches.wordpress.com
Unknown said…
That maxi dress caught my eye - so cute and comfortable! Those shoes are also great - a lot of flat sandals seem to have a very hard footbed, but this one looks like it might be padded.
Franziska said…
I love that purse you got this month. I've decided I need a cognac crossbody and just can't decide which style I want. Glad you found yours though - better one of us get one :)