What I Wore: Simple

It is finally getting warm here, but I have been in a weird wardrobe funk. Maybe it's been the changing seasons or something, but I have so many "wants" on my clothing wishlist right now. Kind of strange for me, but I've been working on getting back on track. First, I have thrifted some great pieces over the last couple of weeks, even some things that I didn't ever expect to find at Goodwill or another resale shop. Second, I've been focusing on keeping it simple. Sometimes, I make getting dressed too complicated. There is definitely something to be said for combining basic, neutral pieces to create easy, polished looks. Here's what I've been wearing!


Top: Kohl's, White Cropped Pants: LOFT (Goodwill), Tank: Old Navy, Flats: Payless

I love these cognac flats, but will need to replace them soon. This striped top was part of my Mother's Day present. Looking forward to wearing it a lot. Oh, and I really like these white pants!


I got this new watch at my last Avon sales meeting for making President's Club for the first time. So excited! I love the wrap style, neutral color, and snakeskin print. It's coming out soon, so check out the Avon web site if you like it.


Skirt: Nicole Miller (garage sale), Chambray: Kohl's, Necklace: Avon, Cognac Wedges: Merona (Goodwill)

I have been super inspired by the blog Un-Fancy lately. She wears lots of neutral, basic combos that look so stylish! I combined a black skirt, chambray shirt, and cognac wedges to create this outfit. I got the skirt at a garage sale a year or two ago for $0.50 and couldn't believe when I found these leather Merona wedges at Goodwill last year. I wore it to act super silly in front of a big group of kids at a Right to Read week assembly. ;)


Pants: Mossimo, Shirt: Worthington, Sandals: Born, Scarf: Maurices (Goodwill)
This is one of my favorite outfit combos. I have had this shirt for so long, but don't wear it too much. When I found this scarf at Goodwill, I knew it would go with lots of my clothes. Just adding the scarf seemed to pull this outfit together for me.


Close-up of the scarf. I love the colors!

How are you dressing for late spring and summer? Any great outfit formulas you fall back on?

I am linking up!

Remix, Rewear, Restyle at Greater Than Rubies

pleated poppy

I Feel Pretty at Get Your Pretty On

Comments

Lindsay said…
The scarf is so pretty!! I love the skirt, too.

I am currently on the look-out for shoes- something for summer besides flip-flops. I am so picky!
Unknown said…
You've got some really great thrifted finds here, and I love that beautiful scarf!