Summer Prep

Our school year is winding down here and I am so looking forward to spending more time with my daughter this summer! I've been doing some research, taking notes, and getting ideas for some fun activities, plus learning things I'd like to do with her this summer.

She's signed up for tumble and ballet for the summer session and she's excited to take ballet with a real ballerina! She also is taking swimming lessons and will participate in summer reading at the library where I work. Our church's Vacation Bible School is the last week of July as well.

I know I want to give her lots of chances to read and keep her skills sharp over the summer. I am thinking of putting together workboxes like these so that on weekdays she will have a small amount of structured learning each day. I also have a tentative list of chapter books I'd like to read aloud to her. Here's what I have so far:
  • Ramona Forever
  • Ramona's World
  • Little House in the Big Woods
  • Ivy and Bean
  • Ella Enchanted
  • Rebecca to the  Rescue
  • Changes for Rebecca
I'm also hoping we can make it to the beach, a minor league baseball game, picnic, local festivals, and our local amusement park. I know the days of summer are going to be here and gone before we know it!

What are you looking forward to this summer?

Comments

Lindsay said…
I love the Little House books! I have read most of those to my daughter. I want to implement some reading/nap time this summer. Thanks for the book list, too. I am looking into some of those...