Miami Fashion Challenge

I was contacted this week by Kendra Thornton of Thornton PR, a travel expert who has been featured on Nate Berkus' and Tyra Banks' television shows, to participate in her "Miami Fashion Challenge." Below is the information she provided about her upcoming trip and the challenge itself.

"I'm satisfied with being with my family and enjoying a great dinner, but my husband wanted to go all out for this Mother's Day. I'm actually happy he did because now we are headed to Miami for a spectacular romantic vacation on the beach. We have been planning the trip together using gogobot to find different activities and places to visit. The website's reviews and user friendly social media made planning effortless. We even found our hotel there the Delano South Beach. As part of the trip, I'm creating a fashion challenge to give a chance to design three looks to wear while I'm out in Miami. I can't wait to see the different outfits that you select. To help you choose, these are some particulars of my Mother's Day getaway!

My husband and I especially liked the Delano South Beach Hotel because of its atmosphere. I don't think any hotel looked as tranquil and lavish as this one. The hotel has one thing that no other hotel has. The rooftop spa known as Club Essentia made me cry when my husband announced he got me a spa package as a special gift for Mother's Day. Now I truly can't wait to go.

In addition to spending time at the hotel and lounging on the beach, we're going to get out and explore everything we can in South Beach and Miami. There are a variety of natural parks, shopping areas and gourmet restaurants. The nightlife here is actually incredibly fun. There are so many bars and dance clubs located right on the beach. I'm going to have a lot of fun with my husband, and I hope that one of the outfits you all select is a gorgeous dressed up look to really knock him off his feet.
My Miami getaway is just a few days away, so it's especially important to get some looks that I can bring along as quickly as possible. I will be showing off selections in photos from the trip. It's going to be a fantastic way to spend time with my husband and enjoy time under the sun just as summer rolls around."

I had a great time imagining and creating some outfits for her trip, so here are the looks I put together! In keeping with my blog focus, I tried to keep the outfits affordable (except for that clutch in the "shopping" look!), modest, and comfortable.

Summer Style


For the "sightseeing" look, I chose breezy print palazzo pants and a linen blend tank and added straw accessories, sunglasses, flat sandals, and simple accessories.

For the "shopping" look, I used a geometric print maxi dress for the focus and accented it with neutral wedges, tortoiseshell sunglasses, and some fabulous gold and turquoise accessories.

For the "night out" look, I found a pretty navy dress from Modcloth. I love that this dress can be worn in a variety of ways and would be a great addition to anyone's closet after the trip. I selected pearl and gold accesories, plus flat metallic sandals, and a neutral clutch to finish the look.

I had so much fun putting these looks together and dreaming a bit of warm summer weather. Have a great trip, Kendra!

Any favorite pieces in the outfits above? Anything you might like in your closet?

I'm linking up!

FashionFriday2014

Comments

Nikita said…
They are all gorgeous..I am especially in love with the night out outfit. Very beautiful.