Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Clothing Budget

Easter marked the end of my no-clothes buying for Lent. I definitely did some fun shopping while my daughter was off school on spring break. I used up my Macy's gift card on a couple of items as well as $10 off $10 coupon at Penney's to get a necklace. I found some good deals at Clothes Mentor, Penney's, and Goodwill, too!

I don't have photos of all of the items I bought since many were thrifted. I will have some photos of them being worn, soon, though!

April Budget



I used up the remainder of the Macy's gift card I won from Go Chic or Go Home to get:
- Colorful necklace
-Fossil Key Per flap bag - This was my best deal this month. The bag is regular $88 and was marked down to $19.99. The store was running a 20% off promo on clearance bags, plus another 20% off with coupon, bringing the total down to around $13.00. I had $7 remaining on my gift card, so it cost me $6.60 of gift money. It is actually a replacement item from a return from Christmas as my Merona bag I purchased last month had to be returned when the lining started to rip. I am hopeful this will hold up well. I've been wanting to try a Fossil bag for awhile.

I also got the following out of my regular budget:
-Cream and gold statement earrings from Target: $2.00 (clearance + Cartwheel)
-Crystal and gold necklace from Penney's: $1.29 (after $10 off $10 coupon)
-Worthington polka dot tee from Penney's: $4.26
-Dockers gray pants from Goodwill: $4.61
-LOFT white pants from Goodwill: $4.61
-Scarf and button down from Clothes Mentor: $6.94
-A.N.A. black cardigan from Penney's: $5.33
-Essentials from Target: $6.96

Total spent for April: $36.00

It was fun to get back into shopping after a little break. I'm in the process of updating and revising my clothing wish list, so in May I'm hoping to pick up a few more of those pieces. My goal is to spend around 80% of my monthly budget on core pieces (and maybe spend a little more on them) and use the remaining 20% for accessories. I am also considering the idea of going to a quarterly budget, too since I've seen lots of people have success with them.

I'm linking up to Budgeting Bloggers at Franish!

2 comments:

Becky G said...

I got that Fossil bag (different print) for about $30 at our local department store on sale. I think you will love it. I've had it for a few months and it has held up extremely well plus the size is great.

Becky
@bybmg
bybmg.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Great deal on the Fossil bag! I love it when things work out like that! Also, I realized that I haven't been to Goodwill in ages. I may need to remedy that this month if I have money left in my "blow money" envelope!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com