Thrifting + a Target Deal

My husband and I were fortunate to have today off from work together and we got some errands done, plus I got to do a little shopping. I went to Goodwill first and found some beautiful things today from great brands - a Banana Republic skirt, a black and cream Ann Taylor silk sweater, a Moth (Anthropologie) cardigan, and more. There was the cutest Old Navy utility/cargo jacket, but it was a size small. I ended up buying the Moth cardigan and a pink and white gingham American Eagle button down for around $9.00. Pics coming soon!

I also mentioned that I was looking for a new winter coat. I wanted something longer with a hood that is washable. I wear my coat into so many schools and different places for programs I really need to avoid something that needs dry cleaned, which is super hard with winter coats. I saw in the Target ad this week that they were running a sale on winter coats, so after browsing online, I went in to take a look at this grey hooded Merona pea coat that was washable. I really liked it, but ended up getting the Mossimo parka pictured above inside - the Merona coat felt a little too restrictive in my shoulders.

I wanted to share my deal in case any of you are looking for a winter coat! The coat was originally $49.99, on sale this week for $45. There is a Target Cartwheel deal for 20% off selected outwear as well as a $5 off $25 coupon at Target.com. So, the coat started out at $45, I got 20% off ($9), making it $36. Then the $5 off coupon came off and I used my RedCard to get another 5% off. Total price was around $31.50. Not a bad deal!!

It looks like I am going to need the coat tomorrow - snow is predicted tonight!!

How was your day? Any fun things to share? I'd love to hear from you!

I'm linking up!
still being [molly]

Comments

Lindsay said…
Good deals! :)

I forgot to tell you more about the thrift store coming here. It is a Community Aid store and it will be 75,000 square feet. It is in what used to be a Value City store. They are working on it now and it will be ready this Spring. So, if you want to come all the way to PA to go thrifting.. :)