7 Wearable Fall Styles

7 Wearable Fall Styles

Something about this time of year with Back to School and the changing seasons makes me want to shop! I've picked up a few pieces here and there, but I'm also looking for ways to shop my closet and incorporate some fall fashion trends without spending too much money.

The first step is to decide what fall fashions you'd like to try. For each person, this is different depending on your personal style. Here are a few fall trends that I am planning on incorporating this season. Not all of them are brand new for Fall 2013, but they are still showing up in the magazines, so that's good enough for me!

I've also started a Fall 2013 Trends Pinterest board where I've been adding style inspiration for this fall.

1. Black and White
Black and white is such a classic combination! Most of us have a basic white top that we can pair with some black pants or even a black and white top or sweater that can be paired with a simple black skirt. It's also fun to add a pop of color to black and white!

2. Animal Prints
I say leopard is basically a classic at this point. Leopard flats or a leopard scarf make even a simple outfit really fun. Another great print this year is snakeskin. I picked up a snakeskin scarf at a garage sale this summer and a snakeskin print blouse at Goodwill. They are surprisingly versatile and can be paired with lots of colors.

3. Wine or Burgundy
This color is so pretty! I saw a pair of wine colored pants at Kohl's in my size over Labor Day and knew I wanted to buy them. They were only $6.50! This is another color that I feel works as a neutral - it looks good with lots of different colors. I also have a pair of wedge heels in this color and can't believe how often I wear them. There are so many pins on Pinterest that incorporate this color.

4. Cobalt Blue
Bright blue is so pretty and flattering. I have had a bright blue button down has been in my wardrobe for awhile and I am planning to wear it with black or grey pants. Add in a pop of bright blue with accessories like earrings or shoes, too!

5. Military Inspired
Olive green is another great color that mixes and matches well with a variety of colors. Military or utility style vests and jackets are also great for layering with lots of different looks from pants to dresses.

6. Plaid
I had a ton of plaid shirts when I was in high school (in the 90's lol!) but last fall, I realized I didn't have any plaid. I picked up a couple plaid shirts from Kohl's on clearance and one from Goodwill and have started to really enjoy wearing plaid again! Plaid is fun to wear with jeans and boots of course, but plaid tops also pair well with skirts or over a dress.

7. Ankle Boots
I love wearing ankle boots with jeans and pants, but I still haven't been brave enough to try them with skirts and dresses. They are comfy and fairly practical, so this is another fun trend. I have a wedge pair in a taupe color, plus a pair of black ones. Super cute with skinnies, too!

So there you go! Seven fun and wearable styles for fall. Did I miss any of your favorites? Leave me a comment with your favorite fall look!

I'm linking up!

Style Sessions at Style Elixir




still being [molly]

Comments

mystylespot said…
Love these pics! i want that jacket so bad!!
I'm all about booties right now for sure!