What I Wore: Capsule Outfits

I've been wearing outfits put together from the late summer capsule that I put together and posted last week. It's been very cool for August here in Ohio and I've been adding lots of scarves, cardigans, and jackets, especially in the morning and inside. I did wear the black dress from the capsule yesterday, but didn't get a picture of it. On to the outfits!
 

Olive tee: Target, Skinnies: Elle (Garage sale), Scarf: Charming Charlie, Sandals: Born, Earrings: Avon


Close up of the scarf and earrings - these Avon earrings are really old, but I love all the colors in them!


Grey tee: Sonoma, Green skinnies: Jennifer Lopez, Necklace: JCPenney, Flats: Target


Denim Jacket: Lands' End (This jacket is so old, I'm thinking I need to keep an eye out for a replacement!)


I like wearing blue and green together, so this necklace gets a lot of wear.


Khakis: Lands' End, Flats: Payless, Lilac Tee: Merona (ThredUp), Scarf: Gift, Bracelet and Earrings: Avon


No idea why this one came out so blurry, but the colors were inspired by this pin.
Blouse: LOFT (via Goodwill), Cardigan: Sonoma, Black Dress Pants: Dockers, Shoes: Payless, Necklace and Earrings: Charming Charlie

The capsule has helped me out a lot. I'm coming up with lots of combinations that I might not have ordinarily thought of and incorporating some pieces I haven't worn in awhile. I'm finding new outfits without buying new items. I plan to keep working with these pieces for awhile yet until I stop feeling inspired, then I may put together a new capsule to work with.

Are you still dressing for summer in your neck of the woods or are you starting to incorporate some layers and early fall styles?

I'm linking up!

Dress for the Day at Dear Abby Leigh


pleated poppy

Comments

Preethi said…
That first scarf is so pretty - I love it!

preethi
lace, etc.
Unknown said…
love the second outfit, looks great on you