What I Wore: Basics

I don't know if it is the weather (getting cooler) or the end of summer or something else, but I have been reaching for easy basic pieces lately. It reminds me that I need to make sure that I have these core pieces in my wardrobe, because for me they simplify the process of getting dressed and looking polished and put together. You've been warned - nothing fancy this week!


Grey Tee: Kohl's, Necklace: JCPenney, Sandals: Born, Jeans: Elle (Garage Sale)


Striped Sweater: Christopher and Banks, Scarf: Kohl's, Jeans: Elle (Garage Sale), Boat Shoes: Target, Tote: Target ($10.48!), Sunglasses: Firmoo


Side view of the tote. :) I debated this tote for awhile even though it was 70% off. I have a ton of bags that I make and really didn't need another one. I did love the cognac color and style, plus the price tag. I saw a similar tote on Franish's July purchases, and went out and bought this one. I decided to wait and see if I had a reason to use it in the next month, or I would return it. Today we took the ferry to a local island, and I knew this tote would be perfect for snacks, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, plus all my purse items, so I used it - it's a keeper! :)

What are your must-have, often-worn, basic pieces?

I'm linking up!

Dear Abby Leigh

pleated poppy

Comments

I love the outfit with the striped shirt. So cute!
Unknown said…
I loved the striped outfit as well! And the tote looks ah-mazing.