What I Wore: July 7X7 Remix

Last Wednesday, I was checking out the What I Wore posts at The Pleated Poppy and discovered that Ma Nouvelle Mode was doing a July 7x7 remix. I loved doing this in June, so decided to give it a try again for July. I was super excited that shoes didn't count this time and chose the following 7 pieces for my remix week:



1. Black patterned blouse (Mossimo)
2. Dark skinny jeans (Elle via garage sale)
3. Black tee (Merona)
4. Black floral skirt (American Living via Goodwill)
5. Olive green patterned skirt (Merona via Goodwill)
6. Rose colored blouse (Worthington via Goodwill)
7. Green skinny jeans (Jennifer Lopez from Kohl's)

Here are my 7 looks using these pieces!


Outfit 1: Black Tee + Green Skinnies + Bronze Flats + Green Patterned Scarf


Outfit 2: Rose Blouse + Olive Patterned Skirt + Brown Sandals + Colorful Necklace


Outfit 3: Black Patterned Blouse + Skinny Jeans + Leopard Flats + Coral Necklace and Bracelet

 
Outfit 4: Black Tee + Black Floral Skirt + Hot Pink Sandals + Patterned Scarf 
 
 
Outfit 5: Rose Blouse + Dark Skinnies + Mustard Flats + Mustard Necklace + Gold Hoops
 
 
Outfit 6: Black Patterned Blouse + Olive Patterned Skirt + Bronze Sandals
 
 
Outfit 7: Rose Blouse + Green Skinnies + Bronze Flats
 

I really enjoy doing these challenges for several reasons:
  • I try to pull out and wear at least an item or two that has not been worn much lately. This time, it was the olive print skirt. I am so glad I chose it because it is super comfortable and wearable with lots of other pieces. I can't wait to wear it this fall with boots and tights, too!
  • I'm reminded of the importance of having good basic pieces. The black tee is such a versatile piece and works with everything, so I know I need to be on the look out for a spare.
  • Accessories really change the way an outfit looks. Scarves, necklaces, and shoes are some of my favorites for adding some fun or a different look to an outfit.
  • I get a chance to see what pieces would be good to have in my wardrobe. This time around, I was looking for a neutral print blouse (polka dots, stripes, etc) to wear with some of the bottoms or a graphic tee for a different look. I had trouble finding one I really liked in my wardrobe, so I'm adding these items to my shopping list.
  • With 4 bottoms and 3 tops, it was a lot easier to make a variety of different looks. I still had a few more outfits I wanted to wear!
Have you ever participated in a 7x7 remix? Did you enjoy it? What did you learn?
 
I've added a Shop My Closet page to the blog and have a few nice items up for sale including a new green and black striped Shabby Apple dress. Check it out!
 
I'm linking up!
 
 
  

pleated poppy

button

Comments

I am still doing this challenge one day soon instead of just talking about it. ; ) Love that floral and patterned skirts. I think those are my favorites. Thanks for linking up again!
walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com
Nikita said…
The next time I do some clothes shopping I am going to follow this remix...buy 7 pieces I can mix and match together... I always come back with things that make no sense and will later require me to purchase something to go with it.
Nikki said…
Accessories are a great way to mix up your look! You did a great job by adding scarves - that's one of my favorite tricks.
Thanks for participating in the challenge!
xoxo,
Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com