Transition to a Spring Wardrobe: Use What You Have

There's still a chill in the air, but temps are getting a bit warmer and the sunshine is shining a bit more brightly! Spring is right around the corner. It can still be pretty cold in Ohio for the next several weeks, but it is definitely time to start bringing some spring into my wardrobe! I'd love to go out and pick up a new floral top or some colorful pants or even a cute new pair of wedge heels, but I've still got a few weeks of no shopping left, plus I know I already have lots of great pieces that can help transition my wardrobe to spring without buying a thing!

Here are a few of my favorite ideas and combinations!

1. Add some color! Pastels are big this spring and the 2013 colors from Pantone can be seen here. Stick with some of the same neutrals from your winter wardrobe, and add in a pop of color with a scarf or colorful shoes. I have a pair of cropped peach/coral jeans that I got last year at KMart for around $3. I can't wait to wear them this spring - you can see some of the looks I am planning for these pants below.



2. Switch to something other than boots! I don't like to have my feet be chilly, but it's been warm enough (45 degrees or so) for me to switch from boots to flats sometimes. I have several pairs in some different colors and patterns like stripes, mustard, and leopard so this adds some color and pattern to my outfits. Today I added a bright green scarf and leopard flats to make black and white feel a bit more springy.


3. Wear bright and bold jewelry. I snagged some mint and peach necklaces on super clearance from Mark in the last year and I also have a great aqua bubble necklace and a long gold and mustard necklace, too. I've been thinking of outfits that I can brighten up with these pieces. Last week, I wore a denim blazer, black turtleneck, and khakis with the bubble necklace for a little bit of spring.


4. Wear spring dresses, skirts, and tops with warmer pieces. I'm thinking about trying my black and pastel floral skirt with riding boots and a neutral top this week. My lace t-shirt works great under cardigans, too! Layers help to bring a bit of warmth to an outfit.

I am hoping this will help me over the next few weeks as the weather warms up. What are you favorite wardrobe transition tips and tricks? I'd love to hear about them!

I'm linking up to:

stillbeingmolly


Casual Friday at Two Thirty-Five Designs

Whatever Works Wednesday at Small Town, Big Wardrobe

Comments

Inge Jane said…
Great tips! I really like those looks with the pastel jeans. Your bright green scarf is lovely!
Cate said…
Love these tips! This is a tough part of the year for me because I'm so sick of my winter clothes but it's too cold for spring ones! Thank you SO much for linking up with my blog!