What I Wore: Plaid and Stripes

I read a fun post last week at Lisa-Jo Baker's web site. It was called "Easy Fashion for Busy Moms" and one of the things it mentioned was signing up for The Style Up. Basically, this is a free service that sends you an email the night before with an outfit idea tailored to your weather forecast for the next day and your personal style. You can rate the looks each day, too. Of course, it does tell you where to buy things for each look, but you can easily take the photos as inspiration and recreate them from your closet.

This was the look sent to me for Monday:



And this is my interpretation...I had to swap out pants for jeans, because of work, but the stripe/plaid combo was a new one for me. :) Not the best photo, but my 5-year old photographer is pretty sweet, so I don't mind.




Striped sweater: Christopher and Banks, Plaid shirt: Sonoma via Goodwill, Trouser jeans: Worthington via Goodwill, Bracelet: Avon, Boots: Payless

This is another look from this week. Grey pants: Mossimo, Boots: Target, Scarf: Mudd from Kohl's, Black sweater: Sonoma from Kohl's

Do you ever mix patterns? Have you tried The Style Up?

I'm linking up!

pleated poppy

Comments

Traci Michele said…
Love it! http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2013/02/what-i-wore-wednesday-via-pleated-poppy.html