My One Word and a Few Goals

I've been reading about the "My One Word" concept and decided to give it a try. So my one word for 2013 is...

I've been moving in this direction for awhile. When I told my husband what I wanted my word to be, he told me he thought it was very "me".  I guess I am looking to more intentional with my time, more purposeful about how I spend my days. I want to be intentional about as much as I can be...thoughtful about my purchases - even clothing, intentional about my online time - less mindless surfing, you get the idea! :)

I hoping this word guides my decisions this year as I look to be intentional about how I am living my life for God.

I do have a few written goals, but not too many.

  • I want to finish reading the Old Testament, since I didn't quite finish last year.
  • Read 72 books (10 nonfiction).
  • Read 175 children's books - this is a professional goal as I am a Youth Services Librarian. This includes picture books and books I use for storytime. :)
  • Work on my continuing ed that I need to complete to renew my teaching license.
We have some financial goals as well, but this is all I've really written down in terms of personal goals.

Thank you so much to Melanie at Only a Breath for making the lovely button above!

Did you choose a word for the year? I'd love to hear what it is!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's a wonderful word, full of hope and expectation.

I didn't specifically choose a word this year...last year my word was Truth...though I didn't choose that either. =) The only thing I really thought about at the beginning of this year was how exhausting last year was for me...so Rest seemed like a nice thought. However, there are different kinds of rest, so if this word was chosen for me, then it might not be an actual physical rest, maybe learning to rest in the Lord. =)

God bless you in 2013!