Book Review: Bible Stories That End With a Hug!


I am a children's librarian and I love children's books! I was thrilled to receive a copy of a children's book Bible Stories That End With a Hug to review. My daughter and I have spent some time reading this book and I also plan to use it with the young children I teach in the church nursery and Sunday School.

The book contains 75 Bible stories. Each story encompasses 2 pages. Each story includes a Bible reading, verse, explanation, and an example of how this can be applied to a child's life. On the far right side of each story, there is a chance for the reader to hug the child he or she is reading with!

The illustrations in the book are soft and sweet. The Bible reading is a longer selection that could be included before it is read to the child, especially if the child is older. I think the explanations and applications are great for young children. When I received this book, I thought it might be a little too young for my daughter who is 5, but we both have really enjoyed it. I think it would work well for a variety of ages, especially if the reader includes additional Bible verses

The hug part is a lot of fun as well. We both look forward to it! This book would be a wonderful way to begin simple devotions with young children.

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale House for review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

That sounds really cute! Thanks for the review!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday School Roundup: Story of the 10 Lepers

Summer to Fall Transitional Wardrobe: 2016 Edition

July 2016 Clothing Budget