What I Wore: Checking In



Black and White Sweater: Christopher and Banks, Cobalt Blue Shirt: Riders, Skinny Jeans: Mossimo (Thrifted), Black Ankle Boots: Payless, Blue Necklace and Earrings: Kohl's (Gift)

Sorry the pic isn't better - I seem to only remember to take pics late at night inside!
 
I haven't posted a What I Wore post in awhile but I have still been working on be more careful and purposeful with my shopping and spending and trying to remix my current wardrobe in the process. I am still using Go Chic or Go Home to see my closet and work on putting together new outfits.

I found the style blog Blue Paper Lanterns recently, and her annual clothing budget is $600. I feel like $50 is a reasonable amount for me to spend each month on clothing, accessories, etc. Part of this amount comes out of the clothing line item in our budget and part is my monthly "mad money" or money I make selling on Etsy, Ebay, etc. 

So far, I've spent around $14 this month on 3 shirts and a necklace. I need to spend some of this month's budget on some black pants.

I'm also reading What I Wore by Jessica Quirk right now. It has been really helpful for me in that I have been able to identify some of the core items that are missing in my wardrobe right now.

I'm linking up to The Pleated Poppy!


Comments