31 Days of Seeking Simplicity: eBook Review





Hard to believe, but there are only 5 more days left in October! This month has been challenging and busy, but I think I've made progress on this personal journey to simplicity. Today I started reading the book Happier at Home by Gretechen Rubin. I really enjoyed her earlier book The Happiness Project. I've only read a little bit of the new book so far, but she talks about simplicity and how it means different things to different people.

My idea of simple may not reflect yours at all. Over the last few weeks, I've been trying to address areas in my own life that bother me and seem unnecessarily complicated. For you, going to Goodwill to often doesn't make your life more complicated, but it certainly can for me.

I've been thinking ahead to what's next and what changes I'd like to keep and the changes that I still need to make. That's why I am so excited to review Money Saving Mom's new eBook - 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life. I really enjoyed the series on her blog a few months ago. For November, I am planning to use the eBook to work toward more self-discipline over 21 days.

The book is divided into 21 short chapters. Each chapter has a short discussion about one aspect relating to achieving self-discipline. Then, there are a few short, practical application steps to complete. This might involve completing a small project, reading an article, or thinking about the day's challenge.

One of the best parts of this eBook is that at the end of 21 days, each of us that reads it and follows through on it will complete a mega project of our choosing. I know I am not the only one with tons of big ideas in my head, but I don't have the clarity of thought or self-discipline to complete them. Sometimes projects I start linger for months instead of being completed in a few weeks if I would just focus on each one individually until completion. The key to success is working through the project in simple, attainable steps. No, I don't have 5 hours to finish something today, but I do have 15 minutes a day for the next 3 weeks to set aside to work toward completing a project.

I have a few ideas for my mega project - getting some education policies in place at our church and cleaning out our garage to name just two. I am looking forward to picking one and then working through the daily steps to see it through to completion.

Do you have a big project you'd like to focus on and complete? Leave me a comment to share!

I did receive a free copy of this eBook to review; all opinions are my own.

Comments

Lindsay said…
I have LOTS of big projects I want to complete, but I just can't seem to discipline myself to take the time- even a few minutes a day - to work on one of them. I seem to need a deadline to finish anything. :)