31 Days of Seeking Simplicity: An Introduction





For the month of October, I will be blogging here about seeking simplicity. September was a crazy busy month. I was planning to blog all about projects for the month of October, but after some unexpected circumstances last week, I decided God was telling me to slow down and seek simplicity.

I am not sure how this will look for me each day during October, but I do have some ideas. I am hoping to create things with supplies I have on hand; cook simple recipes; stay home more; shop less; say no to meetings and obligations...you get the idea. Some days I may just share a thought for simple living, other days a recipe, and yes, there will still be projects.

I am hoping October will be a pleasant transition and preparation for the busy holiday months. Leave me a comment - how do you seek simplicity? What choices do you make that allow you a chance to slow down, breathe, and find peace?

Comments

I took two weeks off from the Twitter Tree which I host. I needed time to edit, add, etc in my shops.

I did not get it all done, but I got enough done that I feel better when sitting down in here. I spent 12-14 each day, but in the end I think it will pay off. I have started making new things because the stress of having to sit here and wait all day was lifted.

I only buy the supplies I need to finish something I have started. That has been my New Year's resolution for the past 3 years and it will be again for 2013!

I am a poor person, and have been broke and poor for the last few months. I have revived a like for Ramen Noodles and am drinking more water.

Having many yard sales to try to pay the bills and that is a wonderful thing because I can get rid of unused stuff. That makes me feel rejuvenated! Seeing progress is always good.

Have a blessed week. GOD loves us!

<><


Lindsay said…
I am really struggling with how to slow down lately. I am really looking forward to your series!
Anonymous said…
I think simplicity is letting go of expectations. Sometimes we place them on ourselves...there is a freedom that comes with letting those things go! Looking forward to talking this walk with you!
Sue said…
I try to do one project at a time. I try to reset my priorities each day and take a few minutes for myself.

I take one step at a time and celebrate the little things.

Sue
Fruity Lemonade