Monday Musings



Happy Monday and happy July!! I can't believe we are halfway through the year. We took a little time to go away on "vacation" for a night at a hotel not too far from us. We did some shopping (fabric and books), went to the beach, and ate at Chick-fil-A for the first time - yum!

Milk glass candy dish, vintage spools of thread and thimbles
Then on Saturday, we continued to my grandfathers' home to work on going through the items there. My grandfather passed away in late May and my grandmother died 4 1/2 years ago, so we are now faced with the task of going through the home, selling items, and deciding what we want to keep. As the only grandchild, this has been pretty overwhelming for me. We have such a small home, it is difficult for us to keep lots of things, so we have been making lots of decisions about the various items. If any of you have any tips for this process, I would appreciate it.

In thrifting news, I did find a hot pink ruffled cardigan and a gray top at a garage sale on Friday for $5 total. Hoping to work on my next thrifting series installation sometime this week.

The charm square giveaway will be open until this Thursday. I'll draw and announce a winner over the weekend.

I also have a book review coming up!

Enjoy your holiday week! What are your 4th of July plans? Any fun crafts or recipes I should try?

Comments

Lindsay said…
I am sorry for your loss... that is quite a task ahead of you, too.

We are having a picnic with friends and I am planning on making red, white, and blue rice krispie treats! :)
Anonymous said…
I hope you have a nice week...and it looks like you had a nice time away.

Yay for rummage finds...I really miss being able to stop at any this year.

I'm sorry about your loss. I was never really close to my grandparents and we didn't really inherit anything anyway. =( Praying for you to have wisdom.