Charm Square and Fat Quarter Mini Tote


A few months ago, I picked up a charm pack of Kate Spain's Terrain fabric from a local quilt show. I made a few mug rugs from the charms, but I saved myself enough charms to make a project for myself - the colors are so gorgeous!

Recently, I decided to make myself a mini tote using 18 charms (9 on each side) and 2 charms for a pocket on the inside. I also used 2 fat quarters of Amy Butler's Martini dot fabric (in two colors) to piece together the inside and the strap. I think it turned out really pretty. I need to take the time to switch my things into this tote and start carrying it!

What do you think? Is this something I should try making for the shop?

I'm linking up to the Sew Lux Stitch and Share Challenge: Charm Squares.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Terrain! I have grand plans for a quilt...eventually. =) Love your little tote.

If you want to make them to sell, you could try...there are so many bags on etsy, I thought it wasn't worthwhile.

Have a great week.
Lindsay said…
Great job! Love the use of charm squares... I have some to use, too.

Your fabric choices are lovely!
Wendy said…
Absolutely love it. Great job!!!