One Hour Fat Quarter Tote



I've been trying hard the past couple of weeks to stick with the idea that a little bit of sewing still accomplishes something - and it has! I had a great time working with my Kate Spain charm pack. I made some mug rugs for the shop and saved enough charms to sew myself a tote. I also have a batch of Christmas mug rugs and a table topper all ready to be quilted. We plan to have a Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale in the shop. I'll post info about it on Wednesday.

I got a burst of energy last night and decided to give this One Hour Fat Quarter Tote tutorial a whirl. It took me a lot longer than an hour, but I did finish this bag in an evening + 45 minutes this morning. I started with half yards and yards, so I know it took me longer to cut the fabric down to fat quarter size. It would have gone together more quickly if I had started with fat quarters.

I really love how it turned out! I think this will be a Christmas gift for my mom and I hope to make a few more - one for me for sure! I made a few changes (used fusible fleece), but this is a great tutorial and the tote is really roomy and sturdy. It will be a perfect library bag.

Are you working on any Christmas gifts right now? Please share!

Comments

Betsy Pool said…
Love the colors and patterns on this tote! So cute!

I don't sew much myself, but it's my goal this winter to finish a quilt I started 2 years ago. (Probably not by Christmas, but this winter.)
Betsy Pool said…
Whoops - meant to say - thanks for linking up to Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!
Chrissy said…
What a cute bag! I think I am going to have to try out that tutorial! :-)

Thanks for sharing this in our Stitch & Share Challenge!