31 Days of 31 Minutes - Day 1: An Introduction






Yesterday as I was reading blogs, I came across this one from The Nester. I've never attempted to write on this blog daily, let alone on a single topic, but I felt compelled to give it a try. I came up with two topics almost right away, but decided to write about 31 Days of 31 Minutes. Let me explain...

Just like all of you, I have lots of demands on my time. I am married, have a home to keep up, have a young daughter, work part-time, am involved in my church, run an Etsy shop with my mom - I know you can all relate. I have been feeling so discouraged lately about not being able to "find the time" to work on different projects and ideas that I have in my head. However, deep down, I know that I am not managing my time as well as I should be. I spend too much time online not doing anything particularly productive, and I have developed some habits that take time away from things that I would enjoy doing much more.

So, for the month of October, the next 31 days, I am trying to cultivate a habit of finding (at least) 31 "extra" minutes each day to work on projects and ideas that will bring more joy and fulfillment to my family and myself. I hope to write about what works and what doesn't in terms of changing my habits and my schedule to free up some time to sew, create, make gifts, complete unfinished projects and more. I plan to also record what I actually can get accomplished in that 31 minutes a day (give or take a few minutes). I bet it is more than I think!

What are you writing about for the next 31 days? I know there are some absolutely amazing topics and posts coming. Please feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog. I hope you will keep reading during this month long journey.

Comments

I look forward to reading the 31 posts! For years I have been confounded by how to effectively juggle, work, home,extended family issues, and hobbies and friends! Ultimately, I "go with the flow,"....and some days are more focused on one aspect of my life than others, but it all seems to work out!
Betsy Pool said…
Nice!! I like this topic! I might do something similar next year - spending 31 minutes a day of something more encouraging or a new hobby is a great idea!!
Shellie said…
Oh I love this idea. I will have to keep up. I am doing 31 Days of Serving Others. It is basically God leading me daily to tell me where to serve for that day. It could be anything anyone or anywhere!

I am excited about the whole idea of 31 dayers and different topics...
WelltoDo said…
Thanks so much for stopping by WelltoDo!

I look forward to following along your series.

My best,
Suz
http://www.welltodoyou.com/
Jill said…
I like your take on this! What a fantastic way to learn and grow while maintaining balance.
Anonymous said…
I heart you already - and will be back for each and every post. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and encouraging me.

xoxo michele