Swagbucks and Ebates

With Christmas getting closer, I wanted to write a quick post about two ways of saving/making money that I have used in the past.

The first way of earning some extra money in the form of gift certificates is through Swagbucks. Our computer had some problems back in the late summer and we got out of the habit of using Swagbucks. Today, I set it up as our home page and main search engine again. Basically, use Swagbucks for online searching and you get chances to win Swagbucks that can be redeemed for gift certificates and merchandise. One of the best deals is a $5 Amazon gift card for 45 Swagbucks. I had enough points to redeem for a $5 Amazon gift card today and I won 5 Swagbucks with my first search!

A second way of saving money while shopping online is through Ebates. Ebates rebates a percentage of your purchase when shopping online through the Ebates site. They also offer a sign up bonus of $5 when you sign up through a referral link and earn at least $5.01 cash back within 90 days of joining.

Both of these sites provide a nice way to offset some of your shopping expenses! What other rebate sites do you like to use?

Comments