DIY Halloween Tutu

A week or so ago, I saw a tutu tutorial from Tea Rose Home. I thought the tutu looked darling, but didn't really look at the directions for the tutorial. A few days later, I took a look at the directions and really they were super easy and that I understood them!! When I saw that tulle was on sale at Joann Fabric this week, I knew I had to give it a try.

I bought the supplies on Sunday and had the tutu finished by Monday evening. It was so fun and simple to make. I purchased a yard of 5 different colors of tulle (total cost under $6) and did a pattern of one strip of each color all the way around the elastic. For my daughter, I used about 50 strips that were approximately 6" wide. The finished length of the tutu is around 16" long.

I don't know exactly what my daughter's costume is going to be...but the tutu is so cute, I know she'll have fun! I'm thinking of a butterfly or a fairy, but I'd love your ideas.

Comments