Christmas Gift Idea: Fabric Embellished Towels

I saw this idea from Film in the Fridge for patchwork towels and this one at Sew4Home - and here is a tutorial at Sew, Mama, Sew!. I love how these towels look and they are a great way to use up fabric scraps! I purchased flour sack towels at Target to use for this project. (Quick question: Do flour sack towels typically wrinkle a lot or does it depend on the kind? I don't use them often, so I was wondering!)

For this towel, I used 3 pieces of fabric and sewed them together, but it would be easy to use only one strip of fabric or many more pieces to customize the finished product. Overall, I enjoyed this project and am pleased with how it turned out. I will be making some more for gifts! This one is going to my mother-in-law for her birthday.

Are you getting started on your Christmas presents? What are you making or buying?

Comments