Storytime Fun: On the Farm

A is 22 months old.

Last week, we didn't do too much for Tot School. I had a few apple books, but didn't do any of the activities I had planned. I will probably re-visit apples again this fall.

This week, I gathered some farm books that we had at home including Big Red Barn, Barnyard Banter, and Mr. Brown Can Moo. We enjoyed reading these books a lot. My daughter also loved her Baby Einstein Baby MacDonald DVD this week. She is getting better at putting together her Melissa and Doug farm puzzle, too.

I was also surprised that she really enjoyed these Farmer in the Dell stacking cards I got for her a few months ago. She likes to look at the cards and tell the story herself and requested that we sing the song often this week. We also listened to the CD On the Farm With Ronno quite a bit this week.

Yesterday, we went to a pioneer days festival and she got a chance to see some cows and several roosters. Plus, she loved the ladies who did clog dancing.

This week, storytime at the library starts again, so I should have a booklist next week for our "Harvest on the Farm Theme". For more Tot School, check out 1+1+1=1!

Comments