Christmas Gift Idea: Market Bag

I've had this market bag tutorial from Film in the Fridge bookmarked for some time. I liked the look of the finished bag and the tutorial looked fairly simple, so I decided to give it a try. I had some of this Robert Kaufman pears fabric from the Fruit Basket line which I thought would look great as a bag. I decided to make a music bag to use for church.

I cut the pieces a week ago, and sewed the bag in about 3 hours over 2 evenings. I think subsequent bags will be easier, because there will be less to figure out after making this first one. I tweaked a few things including the straps and how I put the lining and outer bag together, but I really like this bag.

I think I will make up a few for Christmas presents using some fabric that I have coming from Joann Fabric and Hancock Fabric. I was anxious to get this one finished, so I didn't include a pocket (or two), but probably would add pockets on future bags. This bag is all packed up and ready for church tomorrow!

Do you have a favorite pattern or tutorial for a purse or bag? Leave me a link in the comments!

Comments

Maggie said…
It turned out so nicely! I like the aqua on the inside.