Storytime Fun: Rainbow Colors

Last week, I started doing a little bit of "Tot School" with my daughter. I decided to focus on books and activities on rainbows/rainbow colors. I have found some great sites and books to use for her age group that I will be sharing over the next few weeks.

Here are the books and activities we used for last week's theme:

Books:
Cat's Colors
by Jane Cabrera
Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss
A Rainbow All Around Me by Sandra Pinkney and Myles Pinkney
Good Luck Bear's Special Day by Sonia Sander
What Makes a Rainbow? by Betty Ann Schwartz

We focused on the Bible Story/Verse of Noah's Ark: "God would keep his promise." Hebrews 11:11. We read a version of Noah's Ark in one of her toddler Bibles and did some Noah's Ark songs and fingerplays.

Web sites and Activities:
Young Toddler Themes - Noah
Noah's Ark
Noah's Ark Mini-Book
Wave Bottle - We made ours green.
Five Little Ladybugs CD - Song "Rainbow of Colors"
Baby Einstein - Baby Noah - Animal Expedition

We didn't get even half of what I planned done. (I only included what we did manage to do.) I am looking forward to doing more "Tot School" in the future!

Comments