Recipe: Double Treat Cookies

I've done some baking over the last week and wanted to share a couple of my favorite recipes. The first is a cookie recipe called "Double Treat Cookies". I honestly don't remember where I got this recipe, but here it is:

2 C flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C solid shortening
1 C granulated sugar
1 C firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 C peanut butter
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars; add eggs; beat until fluffy. Blend in vanilla, then peanut butter. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape dough into small balls; flatten balls with a glass that has been dipped in granulated sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes o until golden brown.

These cookies always come out nicely shaped and freeze well. They make a lot - this recipe yielded 5 dozen cookies for me. I also added some peanut butter chips I had in my pantry. Do you have a recipe like this one? Can you remember where it came from?

Comments