Lent

Spring color
Photo by Randy OHC

Lent, or the 40 days before Easter, begins today. My husband always gives up chocolate (this is a true sacrifice for him), and I do as well, as a support to him. Our church does a daily prayer ministry. Each person takes a Lenten devotional and the names of three families in our church. We commit to praying for these three families each day during Lent, and then contact the families at the end via phone, mail, or in-person. I have always looked forward to finding out who was praying for me. I haven't decided if there is something else I would like to commit to for Lent: giving something up, committing to a new endeavor, or trying to do a better job with something I'm already doing. What do you plan to do to prepare during this season of Lent?

Comments