On the Bookshelf: Lock and Key

I do a lot of work with children and teens in my job at the library, so often I can be found reading a variety of children's and young adults' books. I like to keep up with what's in the collection at least somewhat, and at this point I definitely have some favorite teen authors. One I especially like is Sarah Dessen. I am currently reading her newest release Lock and Key and am enjoying it so far. I think she does a great job of developing her characters and drawing you in to the story. I'll have to report back when I finish this one.

Also this week, I finished re-reading Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman by Eleanor Updale and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. Both of these are for summer book discussion groups at the library. The first is a teen book set in Victorian London...definitely a suspenseful book full of twists and turns. The second is a classic children's chapter book that won the Newbery Medal in 1968. Both are excellent choices for summer reading for kids and teens.

Comments