On the Bookshelf: Lock and Key

I do a lot of work with children and teens in my job at the library, so often I can be found reading a variety of children's and young adults' books. I like to keep up with what's in the collection at least somewhat, and at this point I definitely have some favorite teen authors. One I especially like is Sarah Dessen. I am currently reading her newest release Lock and Key and am enjoying it so far. I think she does a great job of developing her characters and drawing you in to the story. I'll have to report back when I finish this one.

Also this week, I finished re-reading Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman by Eleanor Updale and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. Both of these are for summer book discussion groups at the library. The first is a teen book set in Victorian London...definitely a suspenseful book full of twists and turns. The second is a classic children's chapter book that won the Newbery Medal in 1968. Both are excellent choices for summer reading for kids and teens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday School Roundup: Story of the 10 Lepers

Summer to Fall Transitional Wardrobe: 2016 Edition

July 2016 Clothing Budget