Works for Me Wednesday

This is my first time participating in Works for Me Wednesday. This week's edition is "Mom, I'm Bored" and focuses on ways to keep kids entertained during summer vacation. As a teacher and librarian, my ideas tend to be focused on books and reading. I can only reiterate to check out your local library. Most libraries run really great summer reading programs for kids of all ages. The theme that many libraries across the US will be using this summer is "Catch the Reading Bug". The best part (in addition to instilling a lifelong love of reading in your kids)? The vast majority of the programs are FREE!

For some rainy day fun with books at home, try Little Giraffes Story Props. This site has a wide variety of pictures to match children's books, songs, and fingerplays. Kids can use these to retell stories or act them out with friends or siblings. It's a favorite site of mine...I know it "works for me"!

Check out some other great at ideas at Rocks in My Dryer's WFMW feature!

Comments