Sears, CVS, and Flowers

I had a fun end to the week as far as shopping/saving goes. First, on Friday, my mom and I took a trip to Sears to take advantage of the great Dockers deal for my dad for Father's Day and his birthday. While there, I did a bit of shopping and got this great outfit:

The skirt was $4.50, the shirt $3.00, and I also got a lightweight black sweater for $3.50. Total with tax: $11.68. You might want to check out Sears for some good clothing buys!
We stopped in to CVS this afternoon hoping to take advantage of some deals I had worked out and a $5 off $30 coupon that expires tomorrow. I was disappointed that pretty much all of the items I wanted were gone, but wanted to buy something small because I was supposed to get $10 in ECB for a survey I took a couple of weeks ago for CVS (through the CVS Advisor Panel). The ECB were to print beginning June 13, once my card was scanned. We decided to just get 2 candy bars for $1.00. When the ECB printed I got $10 for completing the survey, then an additional $15 also for completing the survey! It was a huge surprise and even the cashier commented on it. As an added bonus, a $3 off Revlon coupon printed.

Finally, this evening, we stopped by a local farmer's market. They really didn't have any produce, but they had massive quantities of flowers. All plants were buy 1, get 1 free. I hadn't bought any annuals for my flowerpots, so I got 8 packs of annuals for $7.20. I got zinnias, celosia, petunias, and a few others. Take a look!

I also made this frugal picture to put in our living room. I took a picture of our peonies when they were at their peak. I took it very close up (you might recognize it from my blog header). Then I took advantage of last weekend's free Shutterfly 8x10. It came yesterday and I framed it today with a frame I already had. This idea was in June's issue of Better Homes and Gardens. So those are my savings stories for this week.

Check out more savings stories at Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturday!

Comments