For the graduations we're going to, my mom and I put together a college survival kit of sorts. It was put together using sale items and coupons that made things an excellent price. My husband gave us the ideas - these were all things he used at college, and with our graduates all being young men this year, we wanted to make sure they would be likely to use the items.
Here's a list of what we included and a cost breakdown:
1. Set of towels - $10 on sale at JCPenney
4. Laundry basket - $6 at Target
5. Travel size ALL detergent - $1 at Target (free after coupon)
6. Travel size ALL softener sheets - $1 at Target
7. Band-aids - $2 at CVS (free after ExtraCare bucks
8. Paper clips - $1.29 at Staples
9. 2 Binders - $2.50 at Staples
10. Mechanical Pencils - $1.75 at Staples
Grand Total: $31.54 -- Remember, this is for 2 people together, about $15 each. I think they came out looking really nice.
For some additional frugal gift ideas, try the following:
- MotherLoad: The MomAdvice.com Blog
- Leaving Excess: What to do with all those freebies
- Frugal Graduation Gifts beingfrugal.net
I'd love some of your ideas for frugal gifts...especially for weddings and an upcoming 30th birthday (for my husband!). Enjoy all of these wonderful occasions for celebration!