Frugal Gifts

I know May and June are busy months for everyone for gift giving. It's exceptionally true in our family. In addition to Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduations, and weddings, we have a good handful of our small family's birthdays in May and June as well. As a result, I'm always looking for fun, frugal gift ideas. I tend to shop for gifts year round, stashing them in a box in a closet when I find something I like that's a good price. I don't always have someone in mind to give the gift to at the time, but 9 times out of 10, all of the gifts in the box get used.

For the graduations we're going to, my mom and I put together a college survival kit of sorts. It was put together using sale items and coupons that made things an excellent price. My husband gave us the ideas - these were all things he used at college, and with our graduates all being young men this year, we wanted to make sure they would be likely to use the items.
Here's a list of what we included and a cost breakdown:

1. Set of towels - $10 on sale at JCPenney

2. Hanging toiletry organizer - $4 at Target

3. Laundry bag - $4 at Target

4. Laundry basket - $6 at Target

5. Travel size ALL detergent - $1 at Target (free after coupon)

6. Travel size ALL softener sheets - $1 at Target

7. Band-aids - $2 at CVS (free after ExtraCare bucks

8. Paper clips - $1.29 at Staples

9. 2 Binders - $2.50 at Staples

10. Mechanical Pencils - $1.75 at Staples

Grand Total: $31.54 -- Remember, this is for 2 people together, about $15 each. I think they came out looking really nice.

For some additional frugal gift ideas, try the following:

I'd love some of your ideas for frugal gifts...especially for weddings and an upcoming 30th birthday (for my husband!). Enjoy all of these wonderful occasions for celebration!

Comments