Here are the new outfits I put together that I did photograph.
Striped Sweater + Gingham Button Down + Skinny Jeans + Black Boots + Statement Necklace
Plaid Shirt + Blue and Black Cardigan + Black Skinnies + Black Boots + Statement Necklace
Black Dress + Striped Turtleneck + Vest + Scarf + Boots
In spite of not photographing all my outfits I stuck with it and I definitely learned a lot from this challenge.
- 20 pieces are surprisingly versatile. I was able to create a lot of combinations and could have made many more.
- Accessories really make an impact. I found myself relying on scarves and necklaces a lot to create different looks.
- Basic pieces are really important.
- I often stick to "safe" color combinations or things that I think go together. During this challenge, I definitely put together some different color combos including cobalt blue and jade green (which I didn't get a photo of!) and it was fun to be creative in that way.
- I can identify my core colors that I like to wear and enjoy mixing and matching. For me, they are purple, pink, green, blue, black, and gray. I do own a lot of other colors, but these are my favorites.
- The reversible vest and my black boots got a ton of wear.
- It was nice to not have so many choices. It was a relief to know I didn't have so many options.
- As a result, I plan to go through my closet again today and see if there is anything else I need to get rid of.
- It helped me to clarify what would be nice to have in my wardrobe to remix. I ended up at $2.97 clearance sale at Penney's yesterday and only bought one thing that I love. That would have never happened before.
I'm linking up!
Greater Than Rubies