Showing posts from March, 2011

Springing Ahead: a Spring Wreath How-To

Well, we are officially on Daylight Savings Time now - so we lost an hour of sleep last night! It doesn't feel too much like spring right now, but at least the snow isn't staying around too long anymore.

I decided to go by the calendar and believe that spring is indeed around the corner and make a spring wreath. Since Easter is so late this year, it feels too soon to put up my Easter egg wreath, so I put together a pretty floral one instead.

I saw some beautiful silk ranunculus wedding centerpieces in Crafts 'n Things this month and decided the idea would be easily adapted to a wreath. If you'd like to make one yourself, it's super simple - took only about a half hour to put this one together.

I purchased a 10" diameter Styrofoam wreath and 5 big bunches of silk ranunculus. The large flowers in the bunches were approximately 1 1/2" in diameter. There were also small flowers that I used to fill in the gaps. This wreath used about 45 large flowers and over 50 …

Scenes from this Week

My favorite purple mug - with my mug rug under it!

This past week, I was inspired by a favorite blog The Homespun Heart and her challenge to make our homes a haven. I didn't keep very good records of our week in photos, but I do have a few pictures to share - and I know that I did accomplish some extra tasks this week.

We celebrated Dr. Seuss this week and last Sunday, I made a banner out of a Dr. Seuss quilt panel and some yardage that I bought awhile ago. I cut out the two sides of the fabric using pinking shears and sewed them together. Then I sewed each piece to some ribbon. Pretty quick and easy! We read lots of Dr. Seuss books and did a few fun activities, too.
My husband and I are both getting ready for Lent - he gives up chocolate and I give up buying fabric! I made him brownies this week because we didn't have any chocolate in the house. I also made granola and scones yesterday - love the scones and will be making them again. I adapted this recipe - ours used more liquid…